View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
classicorner
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: CLASSICAL MUSIC   Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:06 am

Anybody love classical music? Like from baroque, classical, romantic period or 20th century? Like Bach, Vivaldi, Mozart, Beethoven, Haydn, Chopin, Schubert, Tchaikovsky, Liszt, Rachmaninoff, etc?
Do you have any favourite pianists or violinists or conductors?
Well I LOVE classical music. Have been listening to them since I was 3 months old. Yeah, my dad made me listen to it. He read in some reader's digest that it'd make me into something..not sure what. When I was small, whenever I hear a classical music/song like mozart/beethoven i'd say: OH! It's daddy's song! lol!
At the end i don't like pop songs and find them irritating. I used to get headaches when i hear them. What's worse is when i hear rock music. When i entered high school, it was a boarding school, so i had to adapt to pop songs. At the end i was ok with it, but turns out i prefer oldies compared to pop songs. I love singers like Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, etc. Now as you can guess, I love Michael Buble. Btw, have you heard of this kid called DECLAN? He's good! Though now his voice has changed a lot. But when he was small, his voice was like an angel, he looks like one too. Really good looking and CUTE!

Back to classical music, I have my fav pianists. They're Van Cliburn, Vladimir Horowitz, Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli, Maurizio Pollini, Evgeny Kissin, etc.
My fav violinist IS (one and the only one): Jascha Heifetz!!
My fav conductor: HERBERT VON KARAJAN!!

So yeah, tell me bout yours!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Demeterr
Rainbow Bubble Gum

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: CLASSICAL MUSIC   Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:42 am

I really like Canon by Pachebel. Does that count? I used to listen to it on repeat at one stage. My friend can play it piano so fast as well. I wish I could do that, but I have zero music skills.

Canon in guitar form sounds pretty nice too, my brother found the youtube.. for canon rock. And now I have the song somewhere arather, for both original and rock. It's definitely a nice tune.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lizzy@_@
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: CLASSICAL MUSIC   Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:03 pm

I love chopin especially his fantasy impromptu when i actually finish playing the whole song i cried cuz it was sooo hard to play and it sounded really good happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
melon
Five-cents Choco Balls

PostSubject: Re: CLASSICAL MUSIC   Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:32 pm

I'm not like a hard core fan of classical music but I like listening it before I go to bed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
feroch
Five-cents Choco Balls

Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: CLASSICAL MUSIC   Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:05 pm

I guess I like Liszt and Mozart. But not all of Liszt just some. I like soundtracks that have some strong melody more. Have you watched Nodame Cantabile? I think you'd like that anime.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tofu
Five-cents Choco Balls

PostSubject: Re: CLASSICAL MUSIC   Sat May 17, 2008 6:01 am

I like classical music but im not really much of a fanatic.

I havent watched NC the anime yet but i've watched half of the drama:D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whyanime
Five-cents Choco Balls

Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: CLASSICAL MUSIC   Sat May 17, 2008 12:49 pm

I actually got into classical music because of La Corda. LOL!! I actually love it...though I don't always listen to it. Only when i'm trying to relax or calm my nerves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
newiuh
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: CLASSICAL MUSIC   Tue May 20, 2008 5:34 am

my favourite would b music form the romantic period...baroque musicz too secular for my tastes (its kinda like art y'know...renaissance compared with the rest before that...) late classical was alright too, but it depends on the composer as well. in my opinion romantic period has the better composers (not talking about genius jus about the music coz i like romantic style music better 's'all...). composers...a whole lot...brahms, schubert, chopin, albinoni al the famous musicians basically came from there but that's al those i can think of right now...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
suien
Five-cents Choco Balls

PostSubject: Re: CLASSICAL MUSIC   Sun May 25, 2008 2:34 am

I listen to classical music occasionally. It's nice for relaxing. I really enjoy it when the classical music is remixed. I know some purists don't like it but I like the combinations of sounds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chels
Five-cents Choco Balls

Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: CLASSICAL MUSIC   Sun May 25, 2008 5:21 am

i dont love it, i hardly ever, ever listen to it. however when i do its both pleasant and relaxing. it can be strong and soft at the same time. instrumental and lovely, anything that helps me relax i enjoy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sithe
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: BEETHOVEN   Sun May 25, 2008 11:08 pm

I love Beethoven. Moonlight Sonata and Fur Elise are my two favorites. Moonlight Sonata was written in 1801, in the early stages of Beethoven's deafness. I've always loved that sense of perseverence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
imustbeinsane
Rainbow Bubble Gum

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: CLASSICAL MUSIC   Mon May 26, 2008 2:42 pm

Never really listened to classical before, except for some Nutcraker around Christmas. Then my grandma gave me some Mozart and Beethoven for Christmas. Since I usually listen to rock, I completely forgot about it until I started studying for midterms and remembered that Mozart is supposed to make you smarter. Now I listen to it when I need to calm down or am trying to write a story or paper. It makes great background music...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lennnnnyyy
Tangy Translator
Tangy Translator

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: CLASSICAL MUSIC   Tue May 27, 2008 1:24 am

I also love classical music. Mostly pieces that have a sad but passionate under current. - So alot of songs in minor chords.

My favorite composer is Beethoven. My favorite piece is his piano sonata no. 23 Appassionata. It truly is passionate!! I also like his piano sonata no. 8 Pathetique, and his piano sonata no. 14 Moonlight Sonata. For all three sonatas the third movement is really killer and the best part. His symphonies are incredible too!

Something which epitomizes sad and passionate would be Albinoni's Adagio in G minor.

Oh!! Paganini is wonderful, and I really wish he were alive now, so I could hear his hands, which were said to be blessed with talent by the devil.

Someone mentioned about La Corda D'oro? I first listened to Ravel's Tzigane that Len played on the violin there!! I love the gypsy feel to it, like I could imagine hearing the beginning of it in the desolate lonely desert as the sunsets, and we sit around a bright campfire.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gin
Rainbow Bubble Gum

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: CLASSICAL MUSIC   Tue May 27, 2008 7:12 pm

I love classical music. I love the graceful and elegant feeling when I'm listening to it. It makes me feel calm, and sometimes it gives me some kind of energy. However, I don't have particular favorite composer.

When it comes to manga/anime that has classical music element in it, I prefer Nodame Cantabile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lynzajw
Rainbow Bubble Gum

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: CLASSICAL MUSIC   Tue May 27, 2008 9:40 pm

Vivaldi is awesome, that's all I have to say. Yes, I love tons of classical composers, Chopin is probably my favourite, but Vivaldi wins for his Four Seasons. Spring is the best of them, in my opinion. Though "Minute Waltz" by Chopin is my favourite classical song ever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BraLaLa
Rainbow Bubble Gum

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: CLASSICAL MUSIC   Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:39 pm

I must say I'm really eclectic when it comes to music. On my mp3 player, you will find Disney songs, punk, rock, and, yes, classical music. I am a fan.

I especially love Schubert (his Ave Maria is so soothing in my opinion! It always puts me in a better mood!), Rachmaninoff (genius!), Mozart, Liszt, and Chopin. Oh, and Bach, too.

I'm not a great fan of Beethoven, maybe because I've been hearing it WAAY too much since I was a child (my dad ONLY listens to classical music, so I've had my share of Vivaldi, Tchaekowsky, ...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaderabbit
Five-cents Choco Balls

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: CLASSICAL MUSIC   Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:14 am

I've only really listened to Mozart and Chopin.
I don't like listening to orchestras. I just like to listen to their pieces played on solo piano. happy
Classicial in general makes me feel sleepy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rukiagiugiu
Rainbow Bubble Gum

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: CLASSICAL MUSIC   Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:37 am

I enjoy Vivaldi, but my top favorite are Tchaikovsky and Beethoven. I used to hear them a lot when i was a kid in my grandpas house and I am thankful for that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
notatragedy
Five-cents Choco Balls

Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: CLASSICAL MUSIC   Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:44 pm

I really enjoy listening to classical music. My favourite pieces are Bach's Cello Suites and Tchaikovsky's Four Seasons. Beethoven's music is also very charming.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
holi211
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: CLASSICAL MUSIC   Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:28 pm

i like loads of classical music, baroque, romantic etc.
you should listen to brahm's rhapsody no. 2 for the piano
it's sooooo good

ooooo
i love the songs that maksim the piano player playssssss
Back to top Go down
View user profile
antherchio
Five-cents Choco Balls

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: old or new   Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:29 am

yea i know classical instruments are old and outdated but i love them. hrmmnot so much a full orchestra although they are nice at times also but i really llike piano, violin concertos. cellos are extremely nice too. theres a streaming radio site called digitallyimported.com mostly for trance but theres one thats for classical and its really nice. anyone else interested in classical music>?

vocals arent bad either like Oh Moise, Marble halls, prayer they have all been in movies and i absolutely <3 them, its a nice break from rock, rap etc that i also enjoy listening to
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ekita
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: CLASSICAL MUSIC   Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:08 pm

i love chopin, him music is so charming, i love it happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hinokaze
Five-cents Choco Balls

Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: CLASSICAL MUSIC   Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:48 am

Because of Nodame Cantabella I learned more things about classic music i never new about and i'm starting to listen to more and more. Before i was into more modren symphonie music john williams, final fantasy music, and Play. Thanks to nodame i actally now know what a consert master is and it got me listening to more of the classical stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ichii
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: CLASSICAL MUSIC   Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:56 pm

People think i am weird for liking classical music.. but i do like it very much.. it really calms and soothes me when i am stressed or angry. I usually like listening to them when i am during homework.. i usually stops me from procrastinating too much and stray away from my book XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
luciole
Five-cents Choco Balls

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: CLASSICAL MUSIC   Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:30 pm

I like any music sort, but I like very much the classical music as well piano only, as concerto, Rachmaninoff, Litz, chopin, but I also like compositions in drama kind in waltz spring, the piano is absolutely magnificent happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CLASSICAL MUSIC   

Back to top Go down

CLASSICAL MUSIC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next